IMPORTANT NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
- Gems ask that all applicants complete this form in order to fulfill Ministry of Education regulations relating to the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2015
- To Be Completed Personally by the Applicant
- The completion of this form does not indicate that there is any obligation on the part of Gems to engage the applicant.
- The information requested herein is required by Gems to assist in considering your suitability for employment
- Shortlisted applicants for Non-qualified positions will be asked to give consent to a police check. Qualified teaching staff will be vetted through the registration process. It is a requirement in the Education Act 1989 for all employees to be police vetted
- In terms of Criminal Convictions, the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004 provides certain convictions do not have to be disclosed if:
- You have not been convicted of any offence within 7 (consecutive)years of your lase conviction; and
- You have never been sentenced to imprisonment, home detention or any other custodial sentence (including corrective training and borstal); and
- You have never been convicted of a specified offence (specified offences are set out in the Clean Slate Act and are sexual in nature); and
- You have never been ordered by a Court following a criminal case to be detained in hospital due to your mental condition, instead of being sentenced; and
- You have never been indefinitely disqualified from driving for repeat drink driving offences; and
- You have paid any fines, reparation, or costs ordered by the Court in a criminal case.
Please note that even if you are not obliged to disclose convictions (i.e. all of the above apply to you), you can do so if you wish. If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible or not, you should seek advice from the Ministry of Justice.
7. This application form and supporting documents will be held by the centre. You may access these documents in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993
If you have any queries please contact the person cited in the advertisement