Gems Educational Childcare Ltd. (Gems Lake Hayes Estate and Gems Shotover Country)
Terms of Trade
Gems Fee Schedule effective from the 1 April 2019
Terms and Conditions
1) There is a 5% discount for children who are booked for 35 hours or more per week up to 3 years old.
2) There is a 5% discount for siblings up to 3 years old, 2nd and subsequent children under 3 years old receive the discount.
3) Families with two children under the age of 2 will receive the 5% sibling discount for both children.
4) A minimum booking applies of two x 6.5 hour days per week.
5) Drop off commences at 8am and all children to be settled into the centre by 9am, with daily activities commencing then.
6) Casual or extended days can be booked if available. Requests should be made by email to the Centre Coordinator (Lake Hayes Estate: firstname.lastname@example.org or Shotover Country: email@example.com ).
7) Booked days cannot be swapped for other days.
8) Other than a casual increase in hours that can be catered for, changes in bookings require two weeks’ notice.
9) A Confirmation of Enrolment form detailing the changes must be signed in advance of any changes.
10) Any early sign-ins or late sign-outs outside of booked hours will be charged at the next daily fee. E.g. a 6.5 hour booking will move to a 7.5 hour charge if a child is signed in or out 15 minutes or more late or early. Discounts are not applied on these extra fees.
11) Parents or caregivers picking up children after 5.30pm will incur a penalty of $40 per 15 minutes.
12) Over 3’s 20 hour funding has a maximum claim of 6 hours per day and a total of 20 hours per week.
13) We request punctual attendance for times booked as lateness affects funding. Extended patterns of absence or lateness will require a change to booked times. Parents who are consistently late may be financially liable for loss of funding in a Ministry audit.
ABSENCE / SICKNESS / HOLIDAYS / EMERGENCY CLOSURES
14) There is no charge for Statutory Holidays.
15) Holidays and absences for any reason are at full charge.
16) Each child is provided with 3 days of sick leave provided annually from date of enrollment, sick days above and beyond this allowance are at full charge. Entitlements do not roll over to the next year.
17) There is no charge for emergency closures (snow days, power cuts). If the closure is for a part day, families will be charged from when the centre reopens.
18) Parents are to notify the centre if their child will be absent for any reason (by phone or email on the day).
19) Ministry of Education funding ceases after 3 weeks of continuous absence. Doctor’s certificates and/or written attestations may be required for Ministry audits. Unexplained absence could result in the loss of a place for that child. Parents may be financially liable for lost funding.
20) Families on extended travel of over 4 weeks may choose to pay a holding fee of 50% of their child’s fees (this is the full fee, not including the 20 hours of ECE funding) to secure their place on return. Parents may also choose to cease care and go back onto the waiting list to re-enrol on their return. (This option will not necessarily ensure that the days and hours requested or a place is available straight away.)
21) Children with a temperature of more than 38 degrees, vomiting or diarrhoea must not attend the centre. They may return after being symptom free for at least 48 hours. If painkillers have been administered in the morning, parents must notify the Team, children needing pain relief should be resting at home. Please refer to our Policy Documents for further information.
22) Payments are required two weeks in advance, paid by direct debit or online banking. Overdue payments will incur a weekly 5% penalty on the total overdue amounts. Continual overdue accounts may result in suspension of care.
23) A Meal Fee of $5.90 per day will be charged for over 1’s. Meal Fee will not be charged when a child is absent. Discounts do not apply on the Meal Fee.
24) Over 3-year old’s fees are farm school inclusive. No additional farm school fees charged.
25) A non-refundable commitment bond of $50 is required to secure a place. This will be credited back into the clients account on the child's start date.
26) A Settling/Transition Fee of $50 will be charged for all new children for these visits (usually 3 or 4 visits).
27) An annual administration fee of $24 will be charged for every child on their start date and subsequently every February.
28) Fees are subject to change.
27) Three weeks written notice is required when any child leaves gems. Ministry funding ceases from the last day a child attends, therefore early departure will result in extra charges to cover this loss. Funding claims cannot overlap so end and start dates need to align if the child is attending a new centre. Three weeks’ notice includes children turning five as holidays can affect their leaving date. (NOTE: Children are entitled to attend and are funded up to six years old.)
Reviewed 12 April 2019
Next review: 12 April 2020